In July 2020, we began a pilot with a small number of key professional services staff to return to work on campus. Using what we learned from this, alongside the conditions for return being met, we have staggered reopening across key work-streams, all of which remain flexible and responsive to wider circumstances.
The stages below are based on our understanding of the current situation. Phases are being managed collaboratively between central services and departments, divisions and centres.
From July 2020:
- Campus preparation
- Pilot of key professional service staff return
- Staggered re-opening of halls of residence
- Phased Library Building re-opening (Library services will remain online, with the building open to a small number of research students only at this time)
- Phased research staff return.
From August 2020:
- Essential staff on campus
- Executive Education
From September 2020:
- Students return
- LSE buildings open for use, with COVID-secure measures and protocols in place.
Where possible, all staff who can should continue work remotely so that those who need to be on campus to work and study can do so safely in a physically distanced environment. If you think you need to return to campus, contact your Head of Department, Service Lead or Department Manager.
More information can be found in the COVID-19 Staff Resources Centre.