Testing is one of the most effective ways we can prevent, protect and minimise risk on campus, in halls of residence, and everywhere in our community.
If you're in London, you'll need to get tested on a weekly basis to access campus.
Select the type of test you need to book from the list below:
You can book anyone of these tests via the links below. Testing is open for students and staff only. Unfortunately we are unable to provide tests for friends and relatives.
If you are a student-staff member please book using the student link.
If you're a new member of staff and you're having trouble booking a test please contact ARD Systems at email@example.com who'll be able to add you to the system.
Visit our FAQs for more information about testing at LSE.
Remember, if you receive a negative test, you still need to follow all guidelines in place at LSE and in the UK.
Since December, when bookings opened for January 2021 tests, the situation has changed significantly, meaning many members of the community will no longer be able to use their booked slot due to travel changes, local restrictions and the revised start date for face-to-face learning.
To ensure we’re freeing up the support and resources needed to manage this essential service, it is necessary to cancel those pre-booked test slots, so we can reallocate the times to those that need to access testing. This means:
- All testing from Wednesday 6 January onwards will need to be rebooked if still needed
- Bookings slots will open on Tuesday 5 January, and will only be released up until Friday 15 January at present
- Priority for testing from 6-15 January will be for staff coming in to work, students who are resident in London currently and students returning from overseas and unable to change their arrangements
- More booking opportunities will be made available after 15 January and we will share more detail on this next week
- We will also provide further information on the status of access to the campus
- All tests booked for 4-5 January will be delivered as normal, with no need to rebook.
Please consider the following:
- If you are a student currently resident in London, or if you are continuing to come to work at a Hall of Residence or on campus, it is essential that you take a test. This should be booked for the day you plan to come to campus for the first time or if you are staying in a Hall of Residence, this should be done in the next few days. Please book a single rapid test for these purposes.
- If you are returning to the UK from abroad this week and wish to take advantage of the Test to Release scheme, please book a PCR test for the 6th day following your planned return to the UK. If your return to the UK is delayed, please remember to cancel and rebook your test. The booking system for these tests is available for test slots up until 15 January.
- If you are returning to the UK from abroad after this week and require a PCR test, we will release testing availability for dates after 15 January on an ongoing basis.
Rebook your test (student)
Rebook your test (staff)
To ensure we’re keeping students in halls of residence and our community on campus safe, we’ve strengthened our testing procedure for anyone coming on to campus.
Anyone coming to campus must obtain a negative COVID-19 test. Rapid testing is available on campus with results in 15 – 20 minutes.
You will need to book your test online before you come to campus, or alternatively you can provide an up-to-date negative NHS test result.
You must undertake and produce a negative test on a weekly basis and undertake the test at a maximum 7-day interval if you are on campus.
If you are planning to come to campus and have had COVID-19 in the past 90 days, you must ensure that you have followed all self-isolation protocols and that you are well before you come to campus. You will still need to take a rapid test before accessing facilities to show that you do not currently have COVID-19.
If you can’t provide evidence of a valid negative COVID-19 test result you will not be permitted entry to LSE buildings and instructed not to come on to campus.
Book your test (student)
Book your test (staff)
Tests are currently available up until 15 January, but more dates will be added on an ongoing basis.
We have a limited number of slots per day so please try and keep your appointment, however you can cancel below if needed.
Cancel a test (students)
Cancel a test (staff)
You can also find more information on how to get tested outside of LSE via NHS 111 who can advise you if you need a test and what measures you need to take.