Do you enjoy singing and want to be part of a big virtual choir for the LSE Christmas Carol Service?
If so, take a look at the full recording guide on this page.
We are putting together three carol videos: Once in Royal David’s City, Silent Night and Hark! The Herald-Angels Sing.
You will need:
1. A device to video yourself (e.g. your phone)
2. Another device with headphones to play the backing tracks (e.g. your laptop)
3. A space with as little background noise as possible
4. Your Christmas jumper or any other festive clothing (optional!)
When you’re ready please:
- download the backing tracks at https://tinyurl.com/lsecarols
- if you’re singing the normal tune (or singing ATB harmony or an instrumentalist), download the three tracks with just MELODY in the title
if you’re an adventurous soprano and want to sing the descant for the last verse of Once In Royal and Hark! The Herald, download the MELODY + DESCANT files
- record a separate video for each carol
- if you play an instrument, we would love you to record two videos, one singing and one playing.
have a practice run first.
- record your video in Portrait mode like the below:
- Name your videos in the following way: Name_Carol_Voice/Instrument eg: Name_Once_Melody, or Name_Silent_Flute or Name_Hark_SopDescant
You can find music and lyrics for the recordings in the pack here.
Once you have finished, send your recordings to email@example.com using http://wetransfer.com. There is also a wetransfer app you can use.
If you have any questions, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Midnight on 28 November.