If you have a 39, 40 and 50 week contract, and are not currently resident in your hall, you can choose one of the following:
Postpone your contract
- Please log into your LSE Student Accommodation account and notify us of your intended date of return by entering a ‘Period of Absence’, using the date you left and your intended return date.
- You will need to email the accommodation team to confirm your return date to the hall, including your LSE ID number and full name.
- Between 10 January 2021 and your return date to the hall (latest return date is 31 May 2021), we will waive your accommodation fees.
Terminate your contract if you have submitted an early leaver form, returned your key to your hall and have either:
- entered a "Period of absence" in your LSE Student Accommodation account before 6 January 2021, OR
- provided proof that you left your hall over the break
If you haven't already completed either of the above options, you can terminate your contract between 17 and 31 May 2021 by:
- completing a term time early leaver form before 31 May 2021
- vacating your room and removing all your belongings between 17 and 31 May 2021
- returning your keys to reception by 31 May 2021
Students or parents are not permitted to re-enter the hall until restrictions are lifted as this is against the current government guidelines that students must not travel to and from the hall.
If you do need to collect your belongings before 17 May 2021, you must arrange for a removals or storage company only to remove items from your room before restrictions are lifted. Please speak to your hall team to organise this.
From 17 May 2021, you, a family member or friend, will be able to return to your hall in person to collect your belongings. Please speak to your hall team to organise this.
If you have not removed all your belongings by 31 May 2021, standard term time accommodation fees will be applied on a weekly basis until your room is cleared.
We have safety measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our halls. We therefore expect any visitor to show evidence of a negative COVID test within the last 4 days and to wear a face mask in the hall. Students must ensure that they pass on this information to any individual who is collecting belongings on their behalf, or accompanying them into the hall to help them collect belongings.
If you have a contract in a 3rd party hall, LSE are unable to intervene, and you should contact your hall directly.