Our industry-led skills seminar programme offers organisations the opportunity to support LSE students to develop their understanding of different sectors and roles through interactive case studies and group activities. The programme enables students to apply their academic knowledge and learning to an industry context.
Due to COVID-19 we have adapted our employer events to ensure the safety of staff, students and employers. For Michaelmas Term 2020 (September – December) we will deliver all employer events virtually. We will pivot back to an on-campus model as soon as conditions permit. We have selected innovative virtual platforms and tools to provide quality interactions between students and employers. Our virtual offer is complemented with a suite of online marketing and advertising services to help enhance employer brand visibility and reach.
Who is it for?
Our industry-led skill seminar programme is for organisations who are looking to support with the career development of LSE students, developing their understanding of different sectors and roles through interactive case studies and group activities. It enables organisations to showcase how academic knowledge can be applied to an industry context.
What is offered?
We offer employers the opportunity to deliver an online skill seminar which supports students in exploring and understanding different sectors, areas of research and or specific roles within your organisation. This can be explored through for example, an interactive case study, group discussions and activities or a podcast styled insight session and Q&A.
When proposing a seminar, we encourage organisations to think about the core knowledge, skills and values you can help students develop.
Previous seminars include:
- The impact of AI on international development
- How to be a successful environmental consultant
- Brand innovation workshop
- Mergers & Acquisitions case study
- How to be a successful management consultant
Our Employer Engagement Advisers would be happy to hear from you and to discuss your seminar proposal and answer any questions you have.
This programme invites organisations to deliver seminars focused on student development and do not offer a platform for recruitment-focused or promotional activities. As spaces are limited on the programme, we aim to have representation from a diverse range of sectors.
When and how does it take place?
- These sessions are hosted on our LSE Careers Zoom or MS Teams platform. We will provide technical support both before and during the session
- They are held on a Wednesday afternoon between 1-2pm and 3-4pm. We are also able to explore facilitating sessions outside of these times if required
- The duration of these session ranges from a 30-minute insight session through to a 60-minute interactive session
- Our Employer Engagement Advisers can work with you to identify popular topics for our students and review your proposal
- We manage all student registration and event marketing
How much does it cost?
Our Skills Seminars are free of charge for all employers.
For further information contact email@example.com
If you would like to run a skills seminar, please complete our online proposal form.
Submit your proposal