Appointments take place Monday to Friday from 10am - 5pm and from 10am - 8pm on Thursdays during term time.
Most appointments are booked on LSE CareerHub. See below for specific booking instructions.
If are experiencing any difficulty in booking, please contact us as soon as possible.
Types of careers appointments
Please note: LSE students can book up to four careers discussions and/or CV or cover letter discussion appointments per term.
Preparing for an appointment
To get the most out of your appointment we recommend the following:
- Bring any supporting documentation eg a CV, cover letter, application form or some notes about your thoughts and ideas.
- Make good use of the many online resources available on the LSE Careers website.
- Attend career seminars on CVs and application forms in order to maximise your time with a careers consultant.
- A great starting point for any consultation is to think about what is most pressing and to do some background research.
Non attendance policy
Our events and appointments are oversubscribed and therefore it is important you always cancel your booking online as soon as you know you are unable to attend, so that another student is able to book.
If you fail to attend a total of four appointments and/or events during a two week period, your online booking privileges will be revoked for two weeks. During this period, if you want to book an appointment you must visit LSE Careers in person to do so.
The LSE Careers statement of service [pdf] outlines our commitment to LSE students and what we ask of them in return.
Types of appointment
Face-to-face session with a careers consultant. These appointments can be used to discuss anything careers related including:
- career planning and exploring ideas
- application form, CV and cover letter checking (please bring a copy to your appointments with you)
- employer and sector-specific information
- interview advice
- further study options
- job hunting strategy
Book a careers discussion on CareerHub. Careers discussion appointments open for booking daily at 9.30am. You can book a careers discussion on the same day or the morning of the next day.
Face-to-face session with a CV consultant, covering topics such as:
- style and content of a CV or cover letter
- targeting CVs and cover letters to particular positions
- CV/cover letter discussions do not cover spelling and grammar - please see the Language Centre for help with this
Book a CV or cover letter discussion on CareerHub. CV or cover letter discussions open for booking daily at 9.30am. You can book a CV or cover letter discussion on the same day or the morning of the next day.
30 minute appointments by referral only. If, during a regular careers discussion appointment, you and the careers consultant feel you would benefit from a longer consultation, your careers consultant will refer you for a 30 minute guidance appointment.
If you are unable to come and speak to one of our careers consultants in person and are either a current student or have graduated within the last two years, please complete an appointment request form to book an appointment.
If you graduated more than two years ago please complete the request form under "Alumni appointments" and state that you want the appointment over phone or Skype.
Interested in volunteering but not sure how to get involved? Looking to help a specific cause or add experience to your CV but can’t find the right opportunity? The LSE Volunteer Centre runs one to one appointment with the volunteer coordinator to talk through your options.
These discussions can be used to discuss anything volunteering related including:
- finding a fulfilling opportunity
- recruiting other student volunteers for your projects
- interview advice
- sector knowledge
Book a volunteering appointment on CareerHub.
Arrange one to one mentoring with LSE alumni in a particular region or industry that interests you. Visit the Alumni Mentoring Network site for more information and to find a mentor.