The LSE Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCertHE) is a teaching qualification intended for those relatively new to university teaching. The course is taken part time and is designed to be combined with normal academic responsibilities.
The PGCertHE is a practice-based programme and is aimed at early career academics, including assistant professors, LSE fellows, assistant professorial lecturers and other colleagues who have substantive responsibilities for student learning. The PGCertHE is a requirement for newly appointed assistant professors with fewer than 3 years of teaching experience, unless they hold an equivalent qualification from another UK university. It needs to be completed prior to Interim Review.
Additionally, colleagues who are experienced academics but relatively new to UK higher education are encouraged to join the programme.
You are eligible to join the TC503 programme if you:
- can attend at least 20 hours of PGCertHE sessions. Please note: the completion of the Associate Fellowship programme (TC501) counts for 10 hours towards this total. 
- can be observed teaching at LSE and
- have at least 20 hours of scheduled teaching during the year of enrolment (not including preparation time or office hours).
 For career-track participants, completion of the New Academic Induction Programme fulfils your attendance requirement.
The PGCertHE requires participants to prepare a portfolio which includes:
- reflective pieces on the development of their teaching practice;
- short written tasks on effective disciplinary teaching and student learning;
- the development of a new or revised course design;
- two teaching observations.
To facilitate preparation of their portfolios, participants are expected to attend regular workshops which explore different aspects of teaching and learning linked directly to the programme assignments. They also have the opportunity to attend a range of other workshops offered as part of LSE's Atlas programme. Upon completion successful participants are eligible for HEA accreditation at Fellow level.
The deadline for the completion of the TC503 pathway OYS (enrollment) is Tuesday, 8 October 2019.
Please contact Dr Colleen McKenna – firstname.lastname@example.org – or Chris Doughty –email@example.com – for further information.