We are committed to engaging on sustainability with everyone in the LSE community of staff, students and alumni, as well as the Higher Education sector and the wider public.
- LSE's Sustainable Project Fund is a prize-fund that supports staff and students to develop their own projects to enhance sustainability at LSE and in the wider community. Find out more here.
- Green Impact helps staff and students to green up their own departments by completing small actions and projects, with prizes awarded to the highest achieving teams. Around 30 teams take part each year, collectively undertaking hundreds of actions that cumulatively enhance the environmental impacts of the School.
- Reduce the Juice is LSE's student halls of residence engagement programme which focuses on reducing consumption of energy and water, and improving recycling rates.
- Green Week at LSE gets bigger and more successful each year. Look out for the timetable of events going online around January.
- LSE's Sustainability in Practice lecture series continues to host many internationally acclaimed speakers from academia, government and the private sector. Check out forthcoming lectures, and listen to podcasts of previous lectures here.
- The LSE Volunteer Centre assists students in finding volunteering opportunities in a wide range of non-profits, including environmental organisations. Read more about volunteering at LSE in their 2016 research report.
- LSE is a member of the Executive Committee of the London Universities Environmental Group (LUEG). LUEG was set up to bring together sustainability professionals from London’s Higher Education institutions in order to contribute to achieving sustainable development in the sector. The School also sits on the Members' Advisory Committee of the Environmental Association of Universities and Colleges (EAUC), representing members' views to the group.
- LSE has a formal joint recognition and procedural agreement in place with the Universities and Colleges Union (UCU), which has a green representative. LSE's Sustainability Engagement Strategy contains more details on how we engage with students and staff.