We strive to minimise water wastage by installing water efficient infrastructure and promoting water-saving habits.
- A public water fountain, provided by #OneLess and Mayor of London, was installed outside the Saw Swee Hock Student Centre in February 2019. The fountain is one of 20 being installed across the city to cut down disposable water bottle usage and ocean plastic. We continue to monitor usage of the fountain and promote the other drinking fountains across campus.
- LSE is gradually replacing all bathroom taps with water-efficient ones, and which are sensor-controlled to minimise wastage.
- All hand-soap dispensers now use foamed soap, which requires less water to rinse.
- Waterless urinals are being rolled out across the estate.
- We have installed 11 innovative vacuum-flushing toilets, which save 85% of water per flush compared with conventional toilets.
Do your bit for LSE water saving:
- Report leaks and dripping taps to the Estates Help Desk.
- Can your department water cooler be mains fed? Contact Estates to find out if you can arrange the installation of a mains fed water cooler.