The visa applies to graduates who demonstrate high entrepreneurial potential and wish to start a UK business for the first time. LSE is delighted to be an endorsing body under the scheme, through the LSE Generate funding competition.
Please note that endorsements being sought from the Lent Term 2022 Funding Competition are only valid for six months. If you are awarded an endorsement you will need to be able to apply for the visa by the 31st October when the endorsements expire.
- 2 years, no extensions available.
- Potential to transfer to an Innovator visa after 2 years.
How to apply
- Enter the LSE Generate funding competition, stating that you are seeking a visa.
- You’ll be invited to a visa application interview with LSE Generate and the International Student Visa Advice Team (ISVAT).
- Please contact ISVAT for more details on what’s required of the visa, as they are the only LSE team that are authorised to discuss visas in detail.
- Current students and graduates of LSE are eligible.
- There is no restriction on the time elapsed since graduation.
- Visa sponsorships can be granted to any applicant who applies for the funding competition. Applying for the competition does not automatically guarantee you an endorsement.
For more information on visas, please contact the ISVAT team or check out the current rules on Start-up-visas at GOV.UK.