DTS has re-launched the iRoam laptop loans service. New Apple MacBook Air laptops are available to borrow.
During term-time, LSE students can borrow Apple laptops in the LSE Library using the self-service machine located in the following areas:
- Library 1st Floor
- PhD Academy
- Library 4th Floor, Data PC Room
The laptops automatically connect to the LSE’s wireless network and provide access to Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Office software and selected teaching applications.
Please note that the iRoam laptops are student study devices, (they are not emergency loan devices).
Borrowing a Laptop
To borrow a laptop from the iRoam cabinets, you need a unique PIN and your LSE ID card.
- Use your PIN code and your LSE ID card to borrow a laptop using the self-service machine. Follow the instructions on screen.
- Log in to the laptop using your LSE username and password. When you have finished using the laptop, please make sure you return it following the instructions on the self-service machine, then put it back in the charging cabinet. Please connect it to the power cable within the locker to recharge and ensure that you close the locker door securely.
If you do not have a PIN, please contact the DTS Tech Centre next to the iRoam cabinet on the first floor of the Library.
If you are unable to return a laptop via the self-service machine, please take it to the IT Help Desk or Library Security.
You can borrow an iRoam laptop for up to 4 hours.
Only laptops with an 80% charge can be removed for use.
If the blue light on the charging cabinet is lit, then the laptop is fully charged. If the red light is lit, the laptop is not fully charged.
When you return an iRoam laptop to a cabinet, please remember to plug the power cable back in.
- The iRoam laptops can be used anywhere in the Library but must not be removed from the Library.
- Do not save any files to the desktop or local hard drive as they will be deleted. Instead, save your files to Microsoft OneDrive or a USB-C memory stick.
- Do not leave borrowed laptops unattended. If you are going to another part of the Library, take the laptop with you and when you leave, please log off, close the lid and plug it in to a charging cabinet.
- Use of the iRoam service is governed by the Conditions of Use of IT Facilities at LSE.
- Please note: Unfortunately the service is not available to visitors or Short Course and Summer School students
If you experience any problems, visit the DTS Tech Centre* on the first floor of the Library.
* Opening Hours
- Term time: Mon - Fri, 09.00 - 19.00 & Sat - Sun, 11.00 - 18.00
- Vacation: Mon - Fri, 09.00 - 19.00 & Sat - Sun, 11.00 - 18.00 (Spring School Closure only)