Flying Start induction is a one-day in-person event (11am - 4pm, on campus) designed for staff new to the organisation and staff returning to work following a period of extended leave.
The aim of Flying Start is to demonstrate who we are at LSE: our values, our culture, our strategic priorities; and how everyone plays an important role in contributing to and developing the LSE community.
Flying Start will provide opportunities to network and build connections and gain a greater appreciation of the wider organisational context.
Presentations and interactive sessions will include:
- Welcome from our LSE President and Vice Chancellor
- Staff wellbeing opportunities and support
- Student information and support
- Introduction to Ethics, Equity Diversity and Inclusion, and Staff Networks at LSE
- LSE campus get to know
- Sustainability focus
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Overview from our Deputy Chief Operating Officer
Flying Start induction - Summer term 2023
- Tuesday, 18 April 2023
- Tuesday, 16 May 2023
- Tuesday, 13 June 2023
- Tuesday, 11 July 2023
Staff can book their places directly via the training and development system. Alternatively, managers can book places for new staff members by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further resources to support your LSE induction journey will be added here during Lent term 2023.
If you have any further queries, do not hesitate to contact a member of the Organisational Learning team at email@example.com