1. Valuing People
My colleague makes me, and others, feel respected and appreciated at LSE.
- They help me, and others, achieve our potential - professionally and personally.
- They recognise my contribution and thank me and others for all that we do.
- At the heart of the team, they ensure that everyone understands the value of each other’s input and that we celebrate our successes together.
2. Creative Innovator
My colleague is a creative innovator because they inspire me to think of the bigger picture.
- They are proactive and passionate about continuing to improve LSE, fostering an environment of creation and innovation where the exchange of views and opinions are actively encouraged.
- Committed to ongoing development, my colleague has the confidence to try new things, learn from mistakes and take responsibility when they need to.
- My colleague makes me feel that anything is possible at LSE.
3. Student Experience Ambassador
My colleague is an amazing ambassador because they are passionate about our educational environment and make the LSE experience the best it can be for all students.
- They recognise and support student needs, no matter how diverse, and everything they do helps to create an inclusive culture rooted in excellence.
- Enhancing experiences is their absolute priority and they are committed to working in genuine partnership with students to improve.
- They inspire and empower students in their own development, helping them achieve their full potential at LSE, both inside and outside of the classroom.
4. Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Champion
My colleague is an EDI Champion because they are passionate about creating an LSE for everyone.
- They actively work to make our office more inclusive and welcoming workplace in their everyday goals and behaviour.
- Inspired to make a difference, my colleague consistently helps to improve staff equity, diversity and inclusion.
- They regularly engage with School initiatives relating to equity, diversity and inclusion and make me feel connected too.
5. Outstanding Collegiality
I’m nominating my colleague because I love to work with them.
- They take the time to listen and engage with everyone to properly understand their needs.
- My colleague is always there to give advice, encouragement, support and help when it’s needed, especially during periods of setbacks and change.
- They’re always getting involved in School-wide activities and developments and often bring together different colleagues, students and/or external groups to make our community collaborative and dynamic.
6. Exceptional Team Member
My colleague is an absolute hero!
- We love having them on board because they make such a difference to our team, and they consistently provide exceptional support to other teams and/or students.
- They are someone I can always count on to take responsibility and do a great job.
- My colleague makes me feel valued and excited to be part of our team.
7. Working Together - Team of the Year
This team are collaborative, creative and constructive, working well together and with others.
- They often seek feedback, best practice and expertise from others, and create opportunities to join up other teams and initiatives around the School.
- They encourage new ways of thinking, forming networks to enable knowledge sharing and the development of new ideas.
- Mutual respect, open-mindedness, accountability and transparency are at the heart of what they do.
8. Excellent Manager
My manager is my coach and my mentor.
- They encourage me to take ownership of projects and tasks to help me develop my skills, and to turn mistakes into learning opportunities.
- I feel empowered to take personal responsibility over my work, and my manager takes time to celebrate my success and give praise.
- They are transparent and consistent in their decision-making and inspire me to do my best every day.
9. Inspirational Leadership
This leader is inspirational because they make me feel proud to work in my department/division at LSE.
- They act with integrity, honesty and transparency in everything they do.
- They are a champion of collaboration across the School, and foster an inclusive environment which values equality of opportunity, respect and diversity.
- Most importantly, they are a positive role model who makes time to listen and encourages others.
10. Director’s Award
This award is chosen by LSE’s Director from the nominations received in all other categories to honour an outstanding member of staff who should be recognised for their contribution to our School.