Using OneDrive as an alternative to H-Space
OneDrive is a cloud-based storage system that you can access as part of LSE’s Office 365 package. Log in with your LSE email address and password to use OneDrive as a flexible alternative to your H-Space.
- Easily open and edit your files.
- Share files with your LSE colleagues.
- Access files stored in the Cloud from any location and device.
Tip: Be aware that OneDrive isn’t a permanent storage solution. If you leave LSE your account will be deleted along with your storage. Use Teams or SharePoint for storing files that your colleagues will need to access.
Avoid using other cloud-based file storage services, like Dropbox and Google Drive, that aren’t supported by LSE. We will be unable to comply with data protection regulations and vulnerable to data breaches.
- You have access to OneDrive using your LSE email address and password.
- Download OneDrive here to install it to your personal PC, laptop or Mac.
- Use the Software Centre if you are using an LSE PC or laptop. Search for ‘Software Centre’ in the search bar or click on the LSE SelfService shortcut on the desktop.
- For the best user experience install OneDrive Sync to your PC or laptop. This will create a OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer or My Computer or Finder if using a Macbook.
- This will allow you to mark files and folders to be available ‘offline’ so you can work when you aren’t connected to the internet.
- Don’t sync your entire OneDrive. You receive 1TB of data storage from OneDrive and it’s likely your PC or laptop doesn’t have this capacity on its local drive.
You can also access OneDrive at www.onedrive.com or by downloading the OneDrive app onto your phone via your App Store.
- Get started with OneDrive Sync using this step-by-step guide.
- Use your LSE email address and password to login.
- If you use OneDrive for personal use with a non-LSE email address you will be able to add your LSE account separately to OneDrive.
If you are using an LSE computer and your H-Space is available in My Computer follow these steps:
- Visit https://onedrive.live.com/
- Click ‘Upload’ and choose ‘File’ or ‘Folder’.
- This will open ‘My Computer’ or ‘Finder’ (if you’re using a Mac).
- You’ll then be able to select H-Space in the file directory window and choose the file you wish to upload.
If you are working remotely or aren’t connect to your H-Space, you can log on to remote desktop and use the same process as above.
Read this Microsoft article for more instructions.
If you have downloaded Sync Client follow these steps:
- Open My Computer and select the H-Space from the file directory.
- Choose a folder or a file from you H-Space to copy.
- Right-click and click ‘Copy’ or ‘Cut’.
- Click on OneDrive in the file directory.
- Right click your mouse and select ‘Paste’.
- Be sure to double check your H-Space to ensure your file has arrived.
Tip: Don’t select more that two or three files at a time so your computer isn’t overloaded.
If you wish to sync files offline, then follow the instructions here.