Remote Desktop is now available for all staff
To access Remote Desktop, you will need to connect to a Virtual Private Network (VPN), via Pulse Secure - details on how to access this can be found below.
If you are working remotely, this is the recomended way to access many services, such as: network shared files, MyView, SITS, Resource Link, and more.
DTS is working to simplify the access the Remote Desktop in future, but for the moment you will have to connect to the VPN first.
Getting started - requesting access to the VPN
To access Remote Desktop through our VPN, you will need to take the following steps:
- Apply for access to our VPN client (called Pulse Secure), using the button below
- Once you have applied, you will receive a message from DTS with information on how to get set up, however you will not have access straight away. Your application will be approved by the end of the next working day
- Only once you have been approved, will you be able to sign into the VPN Portal - You can then download and install Pulse Secure
- Once connected to the VPN, you can connect to the Remote Desktop to access the services, files, and resources you need.
Register for access to our VPN client (called Pulse Secure), using the button below
- Within 24 hours, you'll receive a message from DTS with information on how to get set up
- Once downloaded, you'll be able to sign in to the Pulse Secure VPN
- Connect to the Remote Desktop to access the services, files and resources you need, remotely.
Request access to our VPN
Please use the button below to complete your request.
Request VPN access
Once you have applied, you will receive a message from DTS with information on how to get set up, however you will not have access straight away. Your application will be approved by the end of the next working day.
How to setup a connect to the VPN and Remote Desktop
How to use / setup the VPN: https://info.lse.ac.uk/staff/divisions/dts/help/guides-faqs/IT-remote-access/internal/installing-pulse-secure
How to access the remote desktop via Windows:
How to access the remote desktop via Mac:
How to: access H-Space and Shared Drives (e.g., P-drive, M-drive)
If you have a question or are having trouble getting set up, accessing the VPN or with Remote Desktop - have a look at some of the Frequently Asked Questions we get from colleagues below.
If you have used Pulse Secure since the start of August 2021 then you do not have to reapply.
Transferring documents between your computer and Remote Desktop can be done via SharePoint or OneDrive. If you save the documents to either of these places; you can then use the web interface to access them on the Remote Desktop:
Please note: Approval to access the VPN may take until the end of the following working day. Please wait until this time has elapsed before attempting to connect. If you are still having issues please contact LSE Tech Support.
Our Tech Support team is here to help, however, due to increased demand you may experience longer response times or difficulty getting through by phone.
Please feel free to contact us for any other questions: