Are you a social scientist with innovative research ideas that could be developed into a business or social enterprise?
The SUCCESS programme is a first-of-its-kind opportunity designed to help social sciences researchers who are employed by LSE with innovative and marketable research ideas to get the training, support and chance to compete for funding to transform those ideas into a business or social enterprise.
The programme is open to applications from social sciences researchers across LSE and Aspect partners and consists of the following:
- Expression of Interest application (10 February 2020)
- A half-day’s Business Canvas support session to build your idea (19 February 2020)
- A 3-day training bootcamp in entrepreneurial skills led by industry experts (24-26 March 2020, University of Sheffield)
- Ongoing support across the summer to develop your business idea and pitching skills
- The chance to pitch in front of investors to win up to £50,000 in prize money to put toward the development of the business (November 2020)
SUCCESS is part of the Aspect programme; a platform for entrepreneurship and commercialisation of the Social Sciences in partnership with LSE, University of Manchester, University of Oxford, University of Sheffield, Glasgow University, University of Sussex and Cardiff University.