The scheme aims to fund world-class research and knowledge exchange activities by LSE academic, research and policy staff.
The 2023-24 round will have two streams:
- Stream 1 – Open to project proposals from all disciplines and research ideas (for proposals from eligible LSE staff only.)
- Stream 2 – Spotlight on project proposals with a focus on AI (for proposals from eligible LSE staff and PhD students.)
Due to the sources of public funding available for this call we particularly encourage projects that will have an impact on policy or work with policymakers, include participatory methodologies, and/or that enhance research culture by providing access to research in underrepresented groups.
The scheme will not be used to displace external funding, nor for applications covered by STICERD grants (Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines) or other funding sources available within the School.
A list of previously funded projects is available here.
Applicants should attend one of the following RISF information session webinars. Those applying to Stream 2 are also encouraged to attend the networking lunch taking place on 25 January. Please use the booking links in the below table to secure a place on an information session and/or the networking lunch.
Click HERE to view the guidance for the 2023-24 RISF funding call. This guidance includes links to the application form and budget template, in addition to further details on the following.
- Eligible proposal topics
- Applicant eligibility
- Project duration
- Budget information, including total amounts available per project and eligible and ineligible costs
- Collaboration requirements
- The application and assessment process
- Award and reporting
Deadline for submission of drafts
Friday 2 February 2024
Full application deadline
Thursday 15 February 2024
Projects to start by
Saturday 1 June 2024
Projects to end by
Friday 31 May 2025
View our list of frequently asked questions here.