1. On behalf of the Education Committee, the Student Experience Sub-Committee is responsible for overseeing a transparent, equitable and comprehensive approach to the enhancement of student experience, for all students no matter what their background, personal circumstances and level of study.
2. To establish and develop mechanisms to foster community, integration and good relations amongst all students.
3. To develop and monitor student learning communities, in terms of student-focussed guidance and advice related to student health, wellbeing and discipline.
4. To develop and monitor the arrangements for effective academic mentoring and supervision for students.
5. To promote Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in all areas of the student experience.
6. Drawing on analysis of empirical data to inform practice, to consider and act upon data pertaining to student experience, in line with the School’s educational vision and values, including but not limited to:
a. Student satisfaction indicators (internal and external surveys);
b. The development of improved learning analytics and student engagement data;
c. Analysis of differential outcomes.
7. Monitoring the effectiveness of departmental Staff-Student Liaison Committees and the Student Consultative Fora, on the basis of termly or annual reports.
8. To draw ideas and good practice from across the School and externally, as required by the business of the committee.