LSE Advancement communicates with a number of audiences including alumni, donors, organisations, School leadership, staff, students and the Students’ Union. These audiences are segmented and targeted using different messages and tools.
The Advancement Communications team liaises closely with and is advised by the Communications Division to ensure its output is consistent with central School messaging, branding and house style.
We create high quality and appropriately segmented communications for and in support of Advancement as a division, and of its externally facing teams. This includes:
- institutional messaging with an Advancement audience/relevance
- constituency relations – primarily in support of alumni relations and annual giving through the Annual Fund
- fundraising and stewardship communications – foundation and business partnerships, major gifts.
The strategic aims of the communications function are to deliver high quality communications, across a broad range of media, that:
- engage alumni in the life of the School
- make a clear and compelling case for philanthropic support
- impart the impact of philanthropy to the School at all levels of giving, and across all areas of support
- inform the School’s internal community about alumni relations and philanthropy, and involve and engage them in related activities.
Publications and channels
To support School colleagues in identifying which Advancement channels might support their own work, see the full range of digital and printed communications coordinated and produced by Advancement.
How to contact us
Email us on Advancement.Communications@lse.ac.uk