Sometimes there are legal, regulatory or funding requirements for information to be kept in strictly controlled conditions which LSE workstations, H: space or departmental shared folders don't meet by default.
For example, you may be required to ensure that data cannot be removed from a computer and transported on a USB drive, or that the computer data resides on can only be accessed by a very limited number of users.
Over and above the standard LSE information security provision, we can offer departments, groups or research projects additional levels of control over the devices, data and applications they use, should these be required by research funders or other bodies.
These services include, but are not limited to:
- Penetration tests
- Due diligence on research contracts
- Blocking the use of USB devices such as data sticks and external hard drives
- Limiting the applications that can be used on a computer
- Detecting and stopping certain data types from leaving a computer
- Locking down access to computers, folders or data
- Encrypting data for use on or off-site
If you have requirements that you need to meet, please contact us so that we can help you keep your important information safe.