The EDI Office serves as a vital resource and leader in promoting and furthering LSE’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion for all members of its community.
The EDI Office provides the delivery of services for students, academic staff, professional services staff and senior management to support diversity, inclusiveness, equal access, equitable treatment and multicultural understanding and competency.
In collaboration with stakeholders around the School, the work of the EDI Office is informed by LSE's Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2017–2022. The EDI strategy was developed in the context of the Equality Act 2010, the LSE Strategy 2030, the LSE Ethics Code and the School's Effective Behaviours framework. The office also provides support to a number of staff networks.
The EDI Office reports to LSE's Chief Operating Officer, Dr Andrew Young. The EDI team (email@example.com) is comprised of:
EDI Advisory Board
The work of the EDI Office is supervised and informed by the EDI Advisory Board, which meets each term. The EDI Advisory Board brings together a number of stakeholders at the School and is chaired by the Director of LSE, Dame Minouche Shafik.
In the 2019–20 academic year, its members are:
- The Director (Chair) – Minouche Shafik
- The Pro-Director (Faculty Development) - Charles Stafford
- The Pro-Director (Education) and Chair of Disability and Wellbeing Steering Group– Dilly Fung
- Head of Department - Vacant
- Two members of academic staff – 1. Sumi Madhok; 2. Naila Kabeer
- One member of research staff – Derek King
- Two members of professional services staff (PSS) – 1. Anoushka Nithyanandan , 2. Vacan
- Two chairs of the EDI Representatives’ Network (one academic department, one service unit) – 1. Taylor Sherman; 2. Jo Taplin-Green
- Trade Union Representative (UCU) - Vikas Chandra
- Trade Union Representative (Unison)
- Trade Union Representative (Unite) - Daniel Beckley
- The Chief Operating Officer – Andrew Young
- Director of Human Resources – Indi Seehra
- Academic Registrar – Mark Thomson
- School Secretary and Chair of Gender Equality Steering Group– Louise Nadal
- Chair of LGBTQ+ Equality Steering Group - Ben Plummer-Powell
- LSE Students’ Union General Secretary
- LSE Students' Union Community and Welfare Officer
- One representatives from each Staff network
- School EDI lead (full member and Secretary to the Board) – Sofia Jabeen, Head of EDI
EDI Representatives' Network
The EDI Representatives' Network is comprised of volunteers from each of LSE's academic departments and service units, whose aim is to ensure that equity, diversity and inclusion are championed and advanced effectively at the local level. The chairs of the network are members of the EDI Advisory Board and represent the views of the network members at the board’s meetings.
The members of the network are listed on the EDI Representatives' Network webpage.