What we do and what we offer
The following are the general services provided by Reprographics:
- Central Print
- Self-service copying
- External printing services
- Typesetting (stationery)
- Job Delivery
'The customer' is defined as LSE staff and/or departments.
Central Print is all Reprographics work done in the print room area of the Reprographics Department using specialist colour, black & white and finishing equipment.
- Black & white print done on high speed (100 - 180 pages per minute), high spec Reprographics equipment. Good quality finish.
- Colour print done on high quality high specification Canon colour equipment. High quality finish.
- Stationery - Reprographics produces LSE business cards, headed paper and compliment slips.
This includes outstation and convenience copiers:
- Outstation copiers are general-usage machines with card readers attached. They are not associated with any specific department. Copier cards are purchased from Reprographics.
- Convenience copiers are department specific and that department is billed for that machines usage on a monthly basis.
The equipment specification is dependant upon the location and/or the department need.
External printing services
In order to ensure good value for money the Reprographics Department will utilise a number of print sources who can provide better value for money on large print runs.
Reprographics provides quotations for in-house digital printing, large format printing and lithography or specialist printing such as silk screening or foil blocking.
All jobs (except stationery orders) are specified to be delivered back to the customer across the LSE campus by default. However if a customer has a particular delivery requirement then this can be mutually arranged and agreed with Reprographics.
Recharging is defined as the mechanism by which departments pay Reprographics for services rendered. Recharging is facilitated by means of a departmental budget code. Budget codes should be valid and the person using the budget code must be authorised to do so.
Scope of work: Standard services
Reprographics offers the following specific print services as standard:
- Black & White print
- Colour print
- Professional print advice