Food Club by LSE app scheme terms and conditions
Account: the User’s personal account with the Scheme which details of his/her loyalty rewards, discounts and offers are maintained
Force Majeure Event: events outside of anyone’s reasonable control. For the avoidance of doubt, Force Majeure includes but is not limited to an act of God, fire, flood, or other natural disaster, malicious injury, strikes, lock-outs, or other labour troubles, riots, insurrection, war or other reason of like nature.
LSE Food Club or LSE Food club App Scheme: as referred directly through these terms and conditions.
LSE Food Club Portal: the external LSE webpage that can be used to register accounts and top up your purse.
LSE Purse(s): the differing value of money associated with the account for spend either via direct application of monetary value or the accumulation of loyalty via continued spend.
LSE Registered Catering Café or Restaurant: any of the following units which include Fourth Floor Restaurant, The Shaw Café, Café 54, The Bean Counter, LSE Garrick, Plaza Café, George IV, Staff Dining Room (For the avoidance of doubt, this does not include all products sold within these units).
Points and Rewards: the points are the electronic loyalty we provide. This is typically 5 points per £1.00 spent excluding special double points sales. Rewards vary from free products following continued purchase, flash sales and discounts and many more on a seasonal basis.
User: a person invited/registered to use the LSE Food Club App and Portal. This service is currently exclusive to LSE affiliates including students, staff, academics or alumni as long as they are registered with a certified and active LSE email account.
Registration and use of the LSE Food Club app
1. The LSE Food Club App/Purse can only be used by Users at an LSE Catering Registered Café or Restaurant. It may not be used in combination with any alcohol products.
2. The LSE Food Club App must be presented for all transactions.
3. Any allowance remaining at the end of each week, month or academic year will always roll over to subsequent weeks, subject to change.
4. All giveaways, discounts, offers, vouchers and loyalty bonuses are subject to availability and liable for cancellation or postponement.
5. Accounts are not transferable and must only be used by the registered Account holder. Misuse of the Account may result in disciplinary action being taken.
6. If you become aware that your Account has been compromised you must block it via the LSE Food Club Portal. You can then register for a replacement Account via the same Portal.
7. The School shall not be held responsible, or deemed to be in breach of these terms and conditions, by being unable to provide meal services in any catering outlet due to force majeure or any other reason beyond the School’s control.
8. The School retains the right to block Accounts in compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
9. Withdrawal or expulsion from the School may result in the closure of your Account. In these circumstances and for the avoidance of doubt you will not be entitled to a part or whole refund of your Purse amount.
10. If you, the User, materially breach these terms, and where such breach can be remedied and if you do not remedy the breach within 30 days of a written notice of the breach from the School, or of the School reasonably believes that you have breached these terms and/or abused the LSE Food club scheme, your Account may be terminated, any points earned but not redeemed may be cancelled and your account closed without prior notice. The School reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary where a User is found to have abused the LSE Food Club Scheme.
11. Account holders can close accounts at any time but for the avoidance of doubt you will not be entitled to a part or whole refund or your entire purse amount.
12. The School reserves the right to close accounts after over 12 months of inactivity. In these circumstances, any unredeemed or unclaimed loyalty points, rewards, bonuses, discounts, offers, vouchers will be void.
13. The onus is on the User to inform the School of any change in your personal details in order to update your Account
14. Vouchers, deals and offers provided from the LSE Food Club are User specific and may not be sold, transferred or assigned to, or shared with anyone.
15. Following activation of their Account, all Users agree to allow themselves to be contacted by LSE Catering from time to time providing details of offers, events and news. Users can opt out by unsubscribing from the LSE Catering newsletter and disabling notifications via the settings page of the LSE Food Club App.
16. LSE reserves the right to notify Users regarding upcoming offers, deals or vouchers via the LSE Food Club App directly or via other contact methods unless you opt out.
17. Any issues, complaints or queries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. Terms and conditions are subject to change.
19. Users are responsible for registering their Purse against their Account before it can be used to purchase items. The LSE Food Club App will not work until Users have fully registered. The registration process can be found via the main LSE Catering
20. The value is used to purchase food and drink items, which are individually priced.
21. The School will not be responsible for any losses incurred on lost or stolen Food Club by LSE accounts. It is the responsibility of the users to notify the School of stolen accounts via the Food Club by LSE web portal.
22. The School accepts no liability if we are unable to process Food Club by LSE transactions due to technical problems.
The School will retain information about the User after the closure of your Account for as long as is permitted for legal, regulatory or fraud prevention purposes and this may include our retaining your transaction data for up to 6 years.
For the avoidance of doubt, LSE accepts no responsibility or liability for any damage caused to you, your property (computer-based or otherwise), software or data caused as a result of using this app. However, if at any point after signing up, you find any unwelcome or strange activity occurring in your LSE email account, or notice any suspected unauthorised usage of your data that you have provided to the Food Club App, please report this immediately to: email@example.com.