1. On behalf of the Education Committee, the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework Sub-Committee is responsible for ensuring strategic clarity, consistency and coherence of LSE’s engagement with the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF).
2. To promote working in partnership with students in response to evolving TEF arrangements and in the production of TEF submissions at institution and subject level.
3. To advise the Education Committee on promoting engagement with and an understanding of TEF assessment criteria across all levels of taught provision, with a particular focus on undergraduate provision. To devise strategies to raise awareness of TEF with academic departments, faculty and professional services staff.
4. To oversee a strategic approach to compiling compelling narrative statements for inclusion in TEF submissions through the development of improved evidence, e.g. a rich qualitative dataset based on extensive sampling of student views.
5. To consider approaches to the use of data to inform the analysis of TEF metrics and the enhancement of School management information about education and student outcomes, in coordination with academic and professional services data experts.
6. To consider information received from divisions, departments and service areas to develop strategic approaches to improving the delivery of TEF related ‘areas of quality’: Teaching Quality, Learning Environment; Student Outcomes and Learning Gain.
7. To draw ideas and good practice from across the School and externally, as required by the business of the committee.
8. To make recommendations to the Education Committee for organisational or procedural changes required to enhance LSE’s performance in future iterations of TEF on the basis of the above considerations and any future changes to TEF requirements.