In 2019 the handbooks will be mandatory to ensure all students receive an informative, professional looking handbook at Welcome in 2019. There should be at least one handbook per academic department, though some departments may choose to have separate handbooks for undergraduate and postgraduate.
Core Information (Central Section)
Core content for central services will be supplied to the Design Unit by the Student Services Centre. This will mean there is one place for the central services section to be held and updated. There will be one version of the central text for all handbooks for all types of students. This information will appear in all handbooks alongside your department’s information, this will ensure that all students have appropriate information consistently communicated.
This core information section will include the following elements:
- Central section containing relevant information for all students
- Information about course selection and timetables
- The 2019/20 academic code
To help you in planning your content you can find drafts of the first two elements on SharePoint.
The 2019/2020 academic code is still pending sign off by the academic board at the end of May, but Student Services will add this to the same folder for reference as soon as it has been approved.
All handbooks should go via the Design Unit to ensure a professional and consistent output. Information has been sent to Departmental Managers about costs. The process for getting handbooks created will be:
1) Book in your handbooks with Design Unit by end May 2019.
2) SSC supply central information to the Design Unit beginning June.
3) You will then be issued a schedule from the Design Unit with dates to supply department text to the Design Unit, sign-off the handbook design & receive PDF / printed handbooks in time for your inductions.
For further information please contact: