In 2020 the handbooks will be mandatory to ensure all students receive an informative, professional looking handbook at Welcome in 2020. There should be at least one handbook per academic department, though some departments may choose to have separate handbooks for undergraduate and postgraduate. Departments may choose to provide just an electronic version rather than hard copies.
Core Information (Central Section)
Core content for central services will be supplied to the Design Unit by the Student Services Centre. This will mean there is one place for the central services section to be held and updated. There will be one version of the central text for all handbooks for all types of students. This information will appear in all handbooks alongside your department’s information, this will ensure that all students have appropriate information consistently communicated.
This core information section will include the following elements:
- Central section containing relevant information for all students
- Information about course selection and timetables
- The 2020/21 academic code
To help you in planning your content we will link to drafts of the above as soon as they are ready.
All handbooks should go via the Design Unit to ensure a professional and consistent output. Information has been sent to Departmental Managers about costs. The process for getting handbooks created will be:
1) Book in your handbooks with Design Unit by end May 2020.
2) SSC supply central information to the Design Unit (and to departments for their planning) beginning June.
3) You will then be issued a schedule from the Design Unit with dates to supply department text to the Design Unit, sign-off the handbook design & receive PDF / printed handbooks in time for your inductions.
For further information please contact: