Located on the sixth floor of the Old Building, the Shaw Library's (Founder's Room) primary purpose is as a library, student/staff study area, the home to the music practice room and venue for the weekly lunchtime music concerts.
The School tries to limit its use for other type of events, but will consider requests for bookings when no other appropriate venue in the School is available.
The following equipment can be requested:
- Wired microphones
- Wireless microphones
- Sound feeds
- Hard of Hearing system
- Media/recording facilities
- Display/ projection facilities
While mobile projection facilities can be installed, please note:
- Trailing surface wires may be unavoidable.
- Sightlines in this room may be limited.
- Security of the equipment if out-of-hours will be your responsibility
Events that start before 10.00 during term-time will only be supported if the venue can be secured the afternoon and evening before for set up, or if a technician is funded to work additional early hours.