As your first introduction to teaching at the School, we hope that these workshops are both an illuminating and enjoyable experience for all our participants. Our feedback from the 2017-18 programme supports this aim: with 95% of almost 200 GTAs who participated in 2017-18 sharing their thoughts and feedback on the programme with us, and 99% of those rating the experience positively.
The induction is made up of four sessions which cover:
- Teaching at the LSE
- Assessment and feedback
- Effective classroom teaching
- Reviewing and evaluating your teaching
The programme consists of three parts:
- Part One - workshops take place from Monday 17 September to Friday 21 September 2018
- Part Two - workshops take place from Monday 24 September to Friday 28 September 2018
- Part Three - workshops take place on Wednesday afternoons, between MT-4 to MT-7 inclusive.
GTAs are expected to attend one workshop from each part.
Invitations to new GTAs have been sent over the course of the Summer break by the Teaching and Learning Centre.
GTAs who join LSE after the Michaelmas Term Induction have taken place will be invited to a catch-up session, at the start of the Lent Term.
If you require any details regarding the GTA Induction, please contact Chris Doughty on email@example.com.