Get it fixed - report a fault in halls

Desk lamp not working? Tap dripping? Wi-Fi down? If anything is broken, let us know and we'll get it fixed

This page tells you how you can report a maintenance problem in your room or in the communal areas in LSE halls and lets you access the online maintenance fault report form.​

Use the online report form to tell us what's not working

To report that something is not working either in a communal space in your hall or in your room, please use this online form. We just need you to tell us a few details about the fault. 

Get it fixed - report a fault in halls

In emergencies, like flooding or power cuts, please contact reception directly. 

Bankside House request forms

Frequently asked questions about maintenance in halls

Do I need to be at home for you to fix the fault? 

No. Usually, you won't need to be in your room for our maintenance team to check and repair the fault. Only authorised staff will access your room.

You can help us to access the fault by making sure it is easily accessible. For example if you've reported a fault with your window or curtains, by making sure the area is clear of obstructions.

If we do need you to be at home to check out the fault, we will let you know. 

Do you work over the weekend?

No, usually not. Our maintenance teams work Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm and the residences IT advisor is visiting your hall twice a week during the week.

How quickly will you deal with the fault?

We try to deal with small repairs before the end of the next working day. Emergency items will be prioritised. If we have to call an external contractor, repairs may take a little longer, but we will do what we can to speed things up and give you an idea of when work will be done.

Which halls can I use this form for? 

The form on this page lets your report a fault in: 

  • Bankside House
  • Butler's Wharf Residence
  • Carr-Saunders Hall
  • High Holborn Residence
  • Lilian Knowles House (IT network faults only, but the form will refer you)
  • Passfield Hall
  • Rosebery Hall
  • Sidney Webb House (IT network faults only, but the form will refer you)