Student visa holders requesting a letter to include in their application to extend their Student visa from within the UK to study on a new programme at the LSE or another institution another institution in the UK that requires a UK visa extension.
1. Only issued to undergraduate students in their final year of study who hold a Student visa. This letter is solely for the purposes of UKVI applications.
2. All provisional results have been released to the student by the School via email (not department), excluding results for any deferred assessments
3. The student requesting the letter does not have any provisional failed courses in the current academic year or any unredeemed failed marks in previous years
4. For LLB students only - The student requesting the letter does not have any provisional failed courses in the current academic year or any failed marks in previous years
5. The student is deferring / re-sitting assessments in IRDAP for courses of the value of up to 1.0 unit, including any assessments deferred / failed / not attempted and therefore still to be taken from previous academic years
6. The student has not deferred courses as outlined in point 4 beyond the first upcoming IRDAP period (i.e., they are expected to complete in the same academic year of their original June end date)
7. The student requires and requests the letter between the release of provisional Spring Term results and the release of ratified final results post-IRDAP (September)
To make a request:
Once all of the above criteria have been met students must submit an enquiry via the Student Services Enquiry Form. Students must also provide a confirmation from the other institution that the letter is required because the offer-holder will be making their visa application from the UK.