My Adjustments

My Adjustments (MAs) are LSE’s system of recording the adjustments and support available to disabled students. It is a document tailored to your individual circumstances and needs, and outlines the reasonable adjustments which the School will put in place to support your study.

Your MAs are based on formal medical evidence and completed in collaboration with you. We will work with you to establish how best we can provide appropriate support.

If you want to view your current MAs, or need to review and approve an adjustment request you can do so by logging into the My Adjustments Portal. 

How to get My Adjustments

To get MAs you will need to liaise with one of our Disability or Mental Health Advisers to discuss how your disability affects your studies. Through this conversation we will draw up your MAs based on your individual needs and preference, together with the medical evidence you provide, and wider School policies and regulations. 

MAs are comprised of Teaching and Learning Adjustments (TLAs) and Central Exam Adjustments (CEAs). 

Before you talk to an Adviser it may be helpful to do the following:

  • Think about the ways in which your condition has impacted on your studies in the past
  • Make a list of the support you have had during previous studying experiences – what has worked well and what not so well?
  • Find out as much as possible as about the modes of study and assessment your course will involve, and think about whether you may require any particular support or adjustments

We will also give you advice and information about other support available at LSE.

Who will get a copy of My Adjustments?

In order for adjustments to be implemented your MAs need to be sent to other staff within the School, for example your professors, course administration team, and library staff. If you choose to limit the circulation of your MAs this may limit the support and adjustments the School is able to provide. If you have concerns about the circulation of your MAs you can discuss options with your Adviser. 

Confidentiality is an important part of how we work, and any information which you provide is held by in the strictest confidence and will only be shared with staff outside of the Disability and Mental Health Service on a need-to-know basis with your prior consent. The only exception is where the withholding of information poses a significant risk of harm to yourself or others. For full details, please see our Policy, Procedures and Confidentiality page.

Before your TLAs are circulated you have the choice of whether or not to disclose the nature of your circumstances. This can be done by writing a description of your circumstances in the optional “student comments” section. If you chose to leave this section blank, staff outside of DMHS who receive your adjustments have no details on the nature of your condition. 

No record of your disability or My Adjustments appears on transcripts or degree certificate.

Can My Adjustments be reviewed if it isn’t meeting my needs?

You may review and amend your MAs at any point during your course if your circumstances change or if any disability-related difficulties occur. However, you may be required to provide additional medical evidence. If you would like to review your current MAs, please feel free to contact your Adviser directly. 

My Adjustments Portal

You can visit the My Adjustments Portal to view your current MAs, and to review and approve new adjustment requests:

 My Adjustments Portal


Disability and Mental Health Service

My adjustments_747 x 420px

Contact us


Telephone +44 (0)20 7955 7767

Address View on Google maps

4th Floor, Pethick-Lawrence House (PEL), Clements Inn, London, WC2A 2AZ

(Please use the Fawcett House entrance and take the lift to the 4th Floor. Turn right when you exit the lift and you’ll see our department.)