The LSE Teaching and Learning Centre (TLC) supports the development and delivery of excellent teaching and learning in the social sciences at the School.
Our team offers a range of developmental and funding opportunities to all staff who teach and support students’ learning including:
I hope that you find this site informative and useful but if you cannot find what you are looking for then please do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Dr Claire Gordon, Head, Teaching and Learning Centrec.email@example.com
- Induction: We run annual induction programmes for Heads of Departments, New Academics and Graduate Teaching Assistants
- Departmental advising: We offer advice and support to individual and departments on all aspect of teaching and learning
- Programmes: We run the HEA accredited LSE Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education and mentor members of staff working towards HEA fellowships
- Events: We organise workshops, practice exchange forums and networks for academic staff to exchange and develop their educational practice
- Funding: We fund developmental initiatives through the Teaching and Learning Development Fund; the LSE Departmental Development Fund and the LSE Heads of Department Fund
- Research-based education: We encourage the development of undergraduate research opportunities through LSE GROUPS and Posters in Parliament
- Teaching resources: We develop a range of resources for all LSE staff who are involved in the education of our students including notes of guidance, case studies of good practice and handbooks for Academic Advisers, GTAs and PhD Supervisors. We have also recently launched the LSE Assessment Toolkit.