Research involving humans
Does your research involve human participants or data relating to directly identifiable human subjects (living or recently deceased)?
If so, complete an ethics review.
Applications relating to the following kinds of research will need to be reviewed by the Research Ethics Committee. Please submit your application for review to email@example.com:
- Research involving deception of participants, or that is intentionally conducted without their full and informed consent at the time the study is carried out or when the data are gathered.
- Research which involves or may lead to the publication of confidential information.
- Research involving more than minimal risk of harm to participants, for instance arising from:
- research involving vulnerable groups
- research involving sensitive topics
- research where the permission of a gatekeeper is required for initial access to participants (where there this might unduly influence participants to take part in the research)
- research which would induce unacceptable psychological stress, anxiety or humiliation or cause more than minimal pain
Check the Research Ethics Committee review time-frame
Please email Lyn Grove: firstname.lastname@example.org