From working in the media, to roles in the arts, communications, filmmaking or production, a career in the creative industries often means something different depending on who you ask. Broadly speaking, our Discover | Careers in creative industries programme allows students and recent graduates to explore some of the industries that are typically considered ‘difficult to crack’, connect with employers and fellow students, and understand what options are out there.
The programme features a series of events focussing on sectors and roles under the ‘creative’ umbrella that are of greatest interest to the LSE community – this includes skills seminars with a range of employers, a panel on journalism, and the chance to meet alumni working in filmmaking and television. We’ll also be sharing lots of resources and interesting opportunities, as well as signposting to careers appointments, to help you explore the areas that inspire you.
Read on for more information about the programme and to browse resources related to shaping your career in a creative industry.
Joining our Discover | Careers in creative industries events? Make the most of your time by following the tips below...
- Do your research
- Know what's on offer
- Ask questions
- Plan your environment and dress appropriately
- Take notes - they might be useful in future applications
- Update your CV
- Follow up after the events - follow speakers on Linkedin
Online tools, resources, and job opportunities
Found our Discover | Careers in creative industries sessions insightful and wondering what's next? Or waiting for next year's events?
Here are some related LSE Careers resources you might like to check out:
You might also find the following external resources useful too:
Throughout the year we provide a range of events to equip you with the skills to succeed including:
- CV, cover letter and application workshops;
- mock assessment centres;
- sector insights;
- seminars on case studies and psychometric tests.
Browse all of our events on CareerHub
- Search opportunities on CareerHub for a selection of live vacancies.
- For useful resources in understanding the jobs market and recruitment methods you might experience in some of the sectors covered by this programme: