1. To ensure that as many students as possible get access to this fund, the scheme is competitive and funding will be capped at £500 for a one day event and £1,000 for an event of two days.
2. Budgets and costs must be properly researched and planned. Additional funding post application approval is not available.
3. Please note, this is a competitive scheme and funding decisions will be based on the information provided in the application form.
4. A PhD Academy panel will look closely at each application on a case by case basis, taking into account the quality of the proposal. The panel will notify you of any clarifications required and once these are received, will notify you of the outcome of your application. Applicants will be informed of the panel's the initial decision within 3 weeks of the application deadline.
5. The panel will prioritise applications for events that have not received funding in the past. This is not a fund for repeated events. Up to six events will be awarded funding over the year.
6. Events are to be hosted by the PhD Academy in the teaching space. Room availability should be checked in advance of submitting your application with the PhD Academy team. The training room has a maximum capacity of 38 (with tables) to 48 (chairs only). If the training room is not a suitable venue for your event this must be acknowledged and justified within your application.
7. Events should be held on week days, Monday to Friday only as LSE catering cannot be provided at the weekend.
8. PhD Academy and ESRC logos are to be used in promotional materials and both acknowledged as funders. PhD Academy staff will supply these to successful applicants.
9. Students from other DTPs and external networks are invited to the event. Applicants must supply the PhD Academy with information so we can send external invitations on your behalf.
10. Please note that funds will not be given for an administrator to organise the event. Part of the purpose of the funding is to give students valuable experience in organizing academic workshops and events.
11. Please email Faith at firstname.lastname@example.org with queries around room bookings and orders for internal catering.
12. Applicants who receive funding are required to write a short report on the event. The report should include details of numbers of delegates, indicating if any were ESRC funded students or from non-academic institutions and give an outline of the key successes and lessons learned from the event.
13. To claim expenses organisers will need to submit relevant receipts, a programme of the event and an attendee list after the event to the email@example.com