There are several departments who could have instructed a contractor to do a job on site, e.g. Capital Development, Maintenance, Security, AV, Telecoms etc. All contractors must register with Security and be issued with passes before they start a job, they should also be wearing a uniform stating the company they work for.
Therefore, if you need to know full details the first source of reference is the Security Badging Office. Please contact the relevant department regarding works carried out by contractors they have employed.
Please note that if the work is part of a Long Term Maintenance Project / Refurbishment / Office Move etc., you need to contact the relevant Project Manager. The information detailing the scope of the project and contact details will normally be communicated with the Departmental Manager, alternatively please contact the Capital Development Administrator, Phoebe Dunster on ext. 1158.
Failing this please call Helpdesk, and we will try to assist you, but please note that if the contractor is not employed by Estates Maintenance we may not always be able to help.
For your information, the main contractors that our Estates Maintenance team currently use are:
- Fire FM – fire alarms
- Liftec / Precision / KONE – lift service
- Wates – general mechanical / ventilation, water treatment and planned preventative maintenance
- Portal Building Controls – Building Management System maintenance
- OCS (TMF) – Portable Appliances Testing
- Water Solutions – drainage problems / waterless urinals
- Sykes – painting and flooring, general maintenance work.
- R & I Electrical - electrical works
- Boon Edam
- West Country doors
- Gerald Honey
- H & V
- RS refrigeration