Our Service Charter outlines the standards of service that you can expect from us, and says how we will deliver them.
LSE Residential Services provides accommodation and related services in halls of residence to LSE students, staff, visiting academics and vacation visitors. We are committed to providing a high quality service that is accessible to all our customers, in a safe, secure, friendly, clean and customer focused environment.
LSE Residential Services is committed to:
- Providing accommodation that is priced to suit different preferences, needs, and budgets.
- Maintaining the accommodation in good order to provide a safe, secure and clean living environment.
- Providing accommodation that is in close proximity and has good transport links to the School.
- Providing clear and accurate information about prices, facilities, and services.
- Allocating and offering spaces fairly and as close to a student’s preferences as availability permits.
- Prioritising students with disabilities for LSE accommodation.
- Providing pastoral support for student residents as part of our Residential Life programme.
- Providing healthy, good quality food with vegetarian and halal options.
- Contributing to the LSE Environmental Policy by helping to create a community in which staff, students and visitors have the opportunity to individually and collectively support the School in protecting the environment.
- Meeting the Universities UK/Guild HE Code of Practice for the Management of Student Housing.
To deliver on this commitment, we will:
- Actively seek customer feedback on the experience of our service, to determine that we are delivering the level of service as promised in our charter.
- Embrace customer feedback and any changes that help shape and improve our services.
- Respond to all enquiries, feedback and complaints quickly and efficiently.
- Treat our customers with respect, courtesy and consideration, regardless of their age, sexual orientation, religious belief, gender, ability or race.
- Ensure that our staff are trained to mediate, bringing a quick and successful resolution to all complaints.
- Organise our processes and train our staff in such a way that we meet the Universities UK/Guild HE Code of Practice for the Management of Student Housing.
If you think we've fallen short of our service promise and your expectations, we would like to hear from you. For information, visit: What to do if you have a query or complaint