Funding is available for departments to create undergraduate research internships and/or assistantships in 2019/20.
The Eden Centre for Education Enhancement is happy to fund different approaches for these internships/assistantships, so that departments and academics can choose the most suitable model for them. For example:
- activities can take place within or outside term time
- students can be resident in London or working remotely
- time commitment can be shorter or longer
Two main models are already in use at LSE, and the Eden Centre for Education Enhancement are willing to fund either:
- Research internships – students carrying out more substantial projects (some previous projects have been for 100 hours) with a greater degree of student independence. These projects are likely to develop students’ overall research skills.
- Research assistantships – students supporting academics’ research projects, with more limited student autonomy. Activity could be focused on a more limited research task.
Internships/assistantships would take place during 2019/20, concluding before October 2020.
The Eden Centre for Education Enhancement is pleased to discuss potential projects, and to put departments in contact with academics who have carried out similar projects. There is no deadline for applications (as long as the proposed projects can be carried out by October 2020).
Please contact the Eden Centre for Education Enhancement with enquiries and/or to apply for funds.
It would be useful to know the number of students you plan to involve, the timing of the project, the name of the lead staff member and what form of project you envisage. (Projects should not require students to work more hours than are recommended by the School, or are specified by Tier 4 Visas.)
Some resources on previous undergraduate research internships: