You can self-nominate for a hall committee position by submitting an online application to the Residential Life team.
Your application should include:
- your name,
- the position you are running for, and
- why you think you are a suitable candidate.
For contact details of your warden and Residential Life officer, visit: Contacts in halls of residence
- Undergraduate halls: your manifesto will be shared with all residents.
- Postgraduate halls: your application will be reviewed and assessed by the warden and Residential Life officer. They will make the selection based on the skills, experiences and strategies that you demonstrate in your application.
Five hall committee positions are up for election:
- vice president
- communications officer
- community and welfare officer
- events officer
Elections and selections happen during the first month of Michaelmas term each year.
Nominations take place in week two and three of Michaelmas term and results are announced soon after voting closes or once the wardens have made their selections.
Unless your warden tells you otherwise, elections take place online and a voting link will be shared by the Residential Life team.