I want to make a complaint

what you can do

If you have a complaint you should first speak to the member of staff concerned to seek informal resolution

The informal process

If you have a complaint about a service, department or individual you should first speak to the person concerned.

If no remedy is found, you should write their manager. Details can be found in the A-Z of professional services divisions or list of departments and institutes.

The formal process

If this is unsuccessful or you are unhappy with the outcome you may wish to use LSE's Student Complaint Procedure.

You may also seek support to make a complaint from the LSE Students' Union. 

For more information, contact Kevin Haynes in the Legal Team on k.j.haynes@lse.ac.uk

The Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education (OIA)

The government provides an independent scheme for the review of student complaints. See Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education.



LSE Student Services LSE_SSC

These 4 careers benefits all apply to our Off Campus Support Mentors. 1st and 2nd year UGs - become even more… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…

1 hour ago

Reply Retweet Favorite

LSE Student Services LSE_SSC

RT @LSEnews: This week it's the #LSEFestival! Free tickets are still available and we'd love to see you there. Explore the challenges of po…

3 hours ago

Reply Retweet Favorite

Contact us


Telephone +44 (0) 20 7955 6167


Email ssc.advice@lse.ac.uk

Address View on Google maps

Student Services Centre, (Ground Floor) Old Building, Houghton Street, London, WC2A 2AE