Visit the Student Services Centre (SSC) to access a range of services and advice, including admissions, registration, fees, financial support, immigration and visas, Erasmus, course selection, exams, results and graduation.
SSC counter services are available on weekdays, between 10am and 2pm.
Please make sure you have completed a Covid Test and reported a negative result prior to visiting SSC. The LSE Security team will be asking for evidence of a negative test before allowing you access to the Old Building and SSC.
Live chat is available Monday - Friday 10am-4pm and you can also contact us via our online enquiry form.
People from across Student Services staff the Student Services Centre counter. We are there as your first point of contact for advice on a wide range of general enquiries.
You will be asked to present your LSE Card or another official form of photo ID (ie, passport or driver's license) when collecting documents or accessing services.
Occasionally we have to change our opening hours - any changes will be listed in red above and further below.
If you have a cheque to collect, please liaise with the Financial Support Office directly.
Answering of general enquiries relating to a student's own record
Answering of basic enquiries from prospective applicants to LSE or signpost to Student Recruitment or the relevant admissions office
Production of Certificates of Registration (for opening a Bank Account, applying for Council Tax exemption, applying for a Schengen visa, etc) and Module Certificates
Collection of transcripts and other requested documents
Collection of student loan, scholarship and refund cheques - this service is not currently available. Please contact the Financial Support Office for information.
Collection of replacement LSE Cards which have been ordered online
Drop-in services for the International Student Visa Advice Team (ISVAT).
Information about 18+ Student Oyster Photocards. More information on what they are and how to apply can be found here.
All students must show their LSE card in order to collect a document or cheque.
Unfortunately we are not able to help with the following queries:
- Production of reference letters. These should normally be requested from your Academic Mentor or supervisor.
- Advice on housing or council tax. Visit the Students' Union Advice and Support Service in the Saw Swee Hock Student Centre.
- Certification of non-LSE documents. The Post Office provide certain identity-checking services.
- We do not give out personal information about any of our students without written authorisation from the student themselves (as per the Data Protection Act 1998, see Data Protection).
- Advice on the content of a complaint/academic appeal or on responding to an academic misconduct allegation. We provide information on School procedures, however you can contact the Students’ Union Advice Service for independent advice on how to put your case forward. The Students’ Union Advice Service provide additional advice on all LSE procedures and can help you make an informed choice about how to proceed.
Upcoming adjustments and closures will be listed here.
2020-21 Academic Year
The Student Services Centre counter will be operating in-person services on weekdays, between 10am and 2pm.
If you need to contact us outside of these times please complete the online enquiry form or use the live chat function which is available Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm.
Counter services will resume on weekdays, between 10am and 2pm.
- Documents or forms to be submitted to the Student Services Centre These can be left in the Student Services Centre during the counter opening times.
- Documents, forms or fee payments (by cheque) to be submitted to the Fees Office Please contact FICC via their web page.
- Documents, forms to be submitted to the Financial Support Office Please contact the FSO via their web page.
Please do not attempt to submit documents to the drop boxes as they are currently not in service and are not monitored.
Information for students about the current coronavirus outbreak can be found here.