Role of the Residences Management Team (RMT)
The RMT is a formal support group to the Head of Division (HoD) and is the primary management group for the Division. Its function is to advise and support the HoD on management issues.
RMT supports the HoD in:
- implementing of agreed strategy
- evaluating performance against objectives
- ensuring best use of resources
- promoting the Division to stakeholders
1. Support the Head of Division in the development and delivery of the Operational Plan within a performance management framework.
2. Manage and monitor the effectiveness of policies and procedures in the Division.
3. Ensure the maximum effectiveness of staff and projects for which line management responsibility has been allocated.
4. Encourage and promote innovation throughout the Division to efficiently meet evolving organisational priorities and needs.
5. Foster effective team working across the range of team activities to maximise the external impact of the School’s Professional Service Divisions.
6. Monitor the Human Resource Strategy for the Division, ensuring that effective and fair people management standards and processes are applied through the Division.
7. Champion ways of working and behaviours (Effective Behaviours Framework) which are consistent with the School’s values and Ethics Code.
8. Manage and monitor progress of UUK Code.
9. Manage and monitor Annual Student Accommodation Satisfaction Survey and form action plans to address issues.
Performance monitoring, management and reporting
The Residences Management Team, via the Operational Plan, is responsible for:
- identifying annual meaningful indicators of performance, and then monitoring and reporting on these to the School’s Senior Leadership Team and relevant Committees;
- generating Divisional performance information in respect of performance indicators
- undertake local benchmarking with competitors to include rent levels, operational costs, student satisfaction and service provision (eg laundry)
Version: February 2019