Spencer, Ian - Director of Residential Services
Ian is head of the LSE's Residential and Catering Services Division (RCSD). He has responsibility for the School's residences and catering services.
Contact details: SAR 1.02A, 020 7955 7083, email@example.com
Beazley, Jacqui - Head of Catering
Jacqui is the head of the LSE Catering. She has responsibility for all aspects of food provision and service delivery.
Contact details: OLD 5.16, 020 7955 7222, firstname.lastname@example.org
Warne, Claire - Divisional Administrator, Residential Services
Claire is responsible for providing administrative support to the Director of Residential Services and RMT.
Contact details: SAR 1.02A, 020 7955 6990, email@example.com
Frost, Victoria - Head of Residential Life
Victoria is the strategic lead for all aspects of student residential life in halls of residence, including wardens, subwardens and School representatives.
Contact details: SAR1.02A, Sardinia House, 020 7106 1153, firstname.lastname@example.org
Anderson, Richard - Service Manager, north and south clusters
Richard is responsible for the day to day operations in Butler's Wharf, Bankside House, Rosebery, Passfield and Carr-Saunders Halls. Richard manages the front of house staff in halls and oversees the cleaning and security contracts.
Contact details: Bankside House, 020 7107 5750,
Blair, Allan - Director of Facilities Management
Responsible for the development and operation of all facets of facilities management (FM) at LSE.
Contact details: 1KW3.01, 020 7955 6748, email@example.com
Dixon, Sharon - HR partner (in attendance to the the RMT only)
The HR partner for the Residential and Catering Services Division provides support and advice with HR planning and HR related issues.
Contact details: LRB, fifth floor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jons, Sarah - Service Manager, central cluster
Sarah is responsible for the day to day operations in High Holborn, Northumberland and Grosvenor Houses. Sarah manages the front of house staff in halls and oversees the cleaning and security contracts.
Contact details: High Holborn Residence, 020 7107 5710, email@example.com
Kearns, Hannah – Residential Services Manager
Hannah is responsible for the Residential Services Office (RSO). Hannah and her team manage all student accommodation applications and allocations.
Contact details: SAW3.02, 020 7107 5091, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tomasi, Fiona – Business Development Manager
Fiona is responsible for sales and marketing of our student bed spaces outside of term time. Fiona manages the Central Reservations Office (CRO) and the LSEVacations team.
Contact details: SAR1.02, 020 7955 7370, email@example.com
Role of the Residences Management Team (RMT)
The Residences Management Team (RMT) meets monthly to discuss matters of finance, operation and strategy.
The Role of the Residences Management Team (RMT) The RMT is a formal support group to the Head of Division (HoD) and is the primary management group for the Division. Its function is to advise and support the HoD on a variety of management issues.
It is the responsibility of RMT to support the HoD in:
- proposing the residences strategy and delivery mechanisms
- implementation of agreed strategy
- recommending policy and objectives through assessment of needs, risks and opportunities
- evaluating performance against objectives
- ensuring best use of resources
- promoting the Division to stakeholders
Major responsibilities of the RMT
- Support the Head of Division in the development and delivery of the Operational Plan within a performance management framework.
- Advise the Head of Division on prioritisation of activities within the Division to provide best use of resources.
- Manage and monitor the effectiveness of policies and procedures in the Division.
- Ensure the maximum effectiveness of staff and projects for which line management responsibility has been allocated.
- Encourage and promote innovation throughout the Division to efficiently meet evolving organisational priorities and needs.
- Review and manage the risks relevant to the Division.
- Provide strategic oversight for monitoring and reviewing the Division’s finances and risk register to ensure effectiveness of financial and management controls.
- Foster effective team working across the range of team activities to maximise the external impact of the School’s Professional Service Divisions.
- Monitor the Human Resource Strategy for the Division, ensuring that effective and fair people management standards and processes are applied through the Division.
- Champion ways of working and behaviours (Effective Behaviours Framework) which are consistent with the School’s values and Ethics Code.
Performance monitoring, management and reporting
The Residences Management Team, via the Operational Plan, is responsible for:
- identifying annual meaningful indicators of performance, and then monitoring and reporting on these to the School’s Senior Leadership Team and relevant Committees;
- generating Divisional performance information in respect of performance indicators
Download this content: Role of the Residences Management Team [PDF].