Full information on any form of public transport throughout London and a journey planner service for walking, cycling, underground, buses and trains can be found on the Transport for London website.
The following London Underground (tube) stations are near the LSE campus: Holborn (Central Line and Piccadilly Line), Covent Garden (Piccadilly Line), Temple (Circle Line and District Line), Leicester Square (Northern Line), Charing Cross (Bakerloo Line), Waterloo (Jubilee Line) and Farringdon (Metropolitan Line and Hammersmith and City Line).
Buses that stop on or near the Aldwych are numbers: 1, 9, 11, 15, 23, 26, 59, 68, X68, 76, 87, 91, 168, 172, 188, 243, 341. Each bus stop should show which buses stop there and their frequency. On the front of the bus the final destination will be given. It may also show the names of the main stops on its route.
The closest mainline rail stations to the LSE campus are as follows:
- Waterloo – on the other side of the river from the Strand over Waterloo Bridge. Approximately 10–15 minutes walk. Trains to and from the south coast and south west of England.
- Charing Cross – on the Trafalgar Square end of the Strand. Approximately a 10 minute walk. Trains mainly to south east London and Kent.
- City Thameslink - on Ludgate Hill at the end of Fleet Street. Approximately 10-15 minutes walk. Trains to Brighton (inc. Gatwick airport) and Bedford (inc Luton airport).
- Blackfriars – on the Embankment near Blackfriars Bridge. Approximately 10–15 minutes walk. Trains mainly to south London and south east England, but also the First Capital Connect line through north London.
- Farringdon or Tottenham Court Rd - both approximately 15 minutes walk. Trains to Heathrow or Reading and Abbey Wood or Shenfield on the new Elizabeth Line.
- Euston – on Euston Road, close to the northern end of Tottenham Court Road. Approximately 30 minutes walk. Trains to the north of England.
- King's Cross – on Euston Road, close to the British Library. Approximately 30 minutes walk. Trains to the north of England and to Scotland.
- St Pancras International – on Euston Road, close to King's Cross station. Approximately 30 minutes walk. Serves the Eurostar and trains to the Midlands and Kent.
- Liverpool Street – past St Paul's Cathedral and the Bank of England from the end of Fleet Street. Approximately 30 minutes walk. Trains to Stansted Airport and Southend Airport.