Taught graduate students wishing to change from full-time to part-time study or from part-time to full-time study should complete a Mode of Study Change request form.
It is important to note that:
- Students will not be allowed to stay in a hall of residence after if they change from full-time to part-time study. Only full-time students are allowed to live in LSE Residences.
- Students from outside the European Union will most likely have to register on a full-time basis in line with the UK government's immigration rules.
- Permission to make either of these changes will only be granted in exceptional circumstances and will depend on the time of year and the teaching and assessments that you have already undertaken.
- Either change is more likely to be accepted at the start of the first academic year of the programme.
- Part-time students are required to pay an incremental increase in tuition fees from one academic session to the next. Part-time fees for each academic session are given in the Table of fees.
- Part-time students are not normally eligible for an 18+ Student Oyster photocard. If you change from a full-time to a part-time programme, LSE is required to report this to Transport for London.
If your application to change mode of study is successful, you will receive an email confirmation of the change within five working days of submission (except during the main registration period in September/October, when it may take longer).
It is not possible for undergraduates to study part-time unless they are receiving repeat teaching.