- Your current in-date passport. Please note that your passport must be the original document. We cannot accept electronic or hard copies of your passport for campus enrolment.
- Your entry clearance sticker (where applicable)
- Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP);
Your share code (please select 'other' as the reason when generating the share code); AND a copy of your Boarding Pass / train or flight ticket / travel itinerary to confirm the date of entry into the UK
- Your UKVI decision letter/email confirming your Student visa has been granted - this will have been included in the envelope when your passport was returned.
- EU/EEA nationals only: your current in-date passport; your share code (please select 'other' as the reason when generating the share code); a copy of your Boarding Pass to confirm the date of entry into the UK
If you require a Student visa to join LSE, you must apply for and obtain this before campus enrolment. If you enter the UK as a tourist without having applied for your visa or with your visa application still in progress, you will not be able to enrol or attend teaching until your visa is in place. Contact the Student Advice and Engagement Team for advice if you have any concerns.
Your BRP will show the LSE sponsor licence number and should be valid for the full length of your programme. EU/EEA/Swiss students are unlikely to have a BRP as they will have been granted a digital status.
You must attempt to collect your BRP before coming to campus enrol. However, if the post office do not have your BRP then we can temporarily enrol you without it. You will then need to enrol again once your BRP arrives.
If you have just completed a previous programme at LSE, you can enrol temporarily for your new programme using the visa you hold for your previous programme, but you will need to apply to extend your stay in the UK within 6 weeks of campus enrolling for your new programme or before the end date of your current visa, whichever is sooner, and bring us evidence of your new application.
Students who enter the UK via the e-Gates
The following nationalities are usually able to use the e-Gates at the UK border:
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- EU/EEA and Swiss nationals
If you are an e-Gate national, your passport will not be stamped upon entry to the UK. Please print either a copy of your boarding card or your flight/train details as evidence of your arrival date in the UK. You will need to bring a hard copy or a digital copy of either of these documents to show staff at campus enrolment.
If you enter the UK when your Student visa is valid, then your visa will be activated simply by going through the e-Gates or speaking to a Border Force Officer.
If you enter the UK before the start date of Student visa, you will only be entering the UK as a tourist and you will be unable to campus enrol for your programme. You will need to leave and re-enter the UK on your Student visa after its start date in order to activate it. It is not possible to automatically switch from being a visitor to a Student visa without leaving the UK. You do not need to travel home to do this, you can travel to Europe (but not the Republic of Ireland). However, you must re-enter the UK when your Student visa is valid.