Council makes decisions in accordance with LSE’s constitutional and legal framework and Articles of Association, available in our Governance Resources. The Articles of Association are underpinned by a supporting governance architecture, key components of which are set out on these pages.
Council is directly responsible for:
- approving LSE’s strategy
- approving annual estimates of income and expenditure
- approving the annual audited accounts
- appointing (and removing) the Director
- appointing (and removing) the School Secretary
- making, altering, amending or repealing any byelaws or regulations made under the Article, unless otherwise specified.
Council may delegate other responsibilities where this is appropriate. See the Council scheme of delegation and the terms of reference of Council committees.