Taking a course outside LSE

In exceptional circumstances students are allowed to take courses offered at other University of London colleges.

To register for a course outside of LSE students will need to:

  • Complete the request to take a course outside LSE form. You will need to obtain your department's approval, as indicated on the form.
  • Complete the outside college's registration form, obtaining the necessary approval as indicated on the form.
  • Submit both the LSE and the outside college's registration form to the SSC counter. We will sign and return the outside college's form to you at that time, as you will need to submit that directly to the outside college.

Within 5-10 working days, the outside course will appear on your course choice list on LSE for You.

Please note that undergraduate requests will also require the approval of the Undergraduate Studies Sub-Committee. This approval is obtained on your behalf after the form is submitted to Student Services).

Please ensure that you abide by the other college's registration deadlines, as they may refuse your admission application if submitted late.

Meet the Results and Graduation Team

four LSE graduates posing for a photograph


LSE Student Services LSE_SSC

RT @PHE_uk: Stop the spread of flu germs. Use a tissue, bin used tissues and wash your hands thoroughly. Catch it. Bin it. Kill it. https:/…

5 days ago

Reply Retweet Favorite

LSE Student Services LSE_SSC

Remember to store your BRP safely with your passport! If you lose your BRP it can be expensive and time-consuming t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…

6 days ago

Reply Retweet Favorite

Contact us


Telephone +44 (0) 20 7849 4994


Email registry@lse.ac.uk

Address View on Google maps

Student Services Centre, (Ground Floor) Old Building, Houghton Street, London, WC2A 2AE