1. Contact the academic responsible for the programme you wish to transfer to establish if they would be willing to consider your request to transfer.
2. If the academic is willing to consider your application complete the Programme Transfer form, providing a detailed explanation of why you wish to change programme. This form can be edited, signed and saved digitally, using the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application which can be downloaded free of charge from the Adobe website.
3. Obtain the necessary approvals from the staff responsible for your current and new programmes.
4. Submit the completed form to the Student Services Centre.
5. If you are an undergraduate, your application will be passed to the Undergraduate Studies Subcommittee (USSC) for consideration. This may take up to five working days.
6. If everything is in order, the Visa Compliance and Change of Circumstances Team will seek School level approval for your request.
7. If School level approval is granted Visa Compliance and Change of Circumstances Team will process your request. You will be transferred at the most appropriate point in the academic cycle. We aim to process requests in five working days but it will take longer at the beginning of the academic year.
7. You will receive an email notification that your request to transfer has been approved.
Until your request has been processed, you will remain registered on your current programme and will be expected to comply with all its requirements, including attendance at all classes and attempting all assessments.
8. Once a transfer is approved, for details about changing courses, please visit the Course Selection pages.