To change Lent Term courses in January
1. Complete the General Course Lent Term Course Course Change form (available from the General Course Dean in OLD 1.09 during his office hours).
2. Collect the relevant approvals on the back of the form.
3. Return the completed form to the General Course Dean before 5.00pm on Friday 19 January. Any forms received after this time will be returned unprocessed.
To select a course that is part of your programme:
1. Log into LSE for You using your LSE username and password.
2. Navigate to "Selection of Courses" option in the left hand menu.
3. Chose the paper you want to select courses for and click 'change selected course'.
4. Select the course you'd like to take for that paper and click 'click here to choose selected courses' at the bottom of the page.
5. Repeat this process until you have made all of your course selections for all papers.
6. When you have finished click 'Click here to make this your new Selection of Courses'.
All course selections are subject to approval from your Academic Adviser, availability and timetabling constraints.
To select an unlisted course that is outside of the listed options:
1. Complete steps 1-3 as above.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click 'Request unlisted course' button.
3. Select whether you wish to take 1 whole unit course or 2 half unit courses and click 'continue'.
4. Type the code of the course you wish to take into the text box and click 'Fetch'.
5. Click 'continue' to apply to take the retrieved course.
6. Read the terms and conditions carefully and click 'I agree' to continue.
7. Write an explanation of the academic reasons for applying to take an unlisted course and click 'submit request'.
8. Wait for your request to take an unlisted course to be approved by your Academic Adviser and then your Departmental Tutor.
Outside options are subject to approval, availability and timetabling constraints.
For courses that require approval, you must also have an ‘approval for course with permission’ form completed:
1. Collect a copy of the form from the General Course Dean (OLD 1.09).
2. Complete sections 1 & 2 in full.
3. Meet with the course teacher to ask if they will approve your request. Have them complete their part of section 3 on the form.
4. Take your completed form to the General Course Dean for final approval.
5. Select the course following the unlisted course process (outlined above) on LSE for You
6. Wait for up to five working days for your course to appear in your course choice list and/or timetable.
Personal timetable and Moodle enrolment
Please return to Course Selection for information about your personal timetable and Moodle enrolment.