Please note that the following information applies to Michaelmas Term course selection only:
To select a course that is part of your programme:
1. Log into LSE for You using your LSE username and password.
2. Navigate to "Selection of Courses" option in the left hand menu.
3. Chose the paper you want to select courses for and click 'change selected course'.
4. Select the course you'd like to take for that paper and click 'click here to choose selected courses' at the bottom of the page.
5. Repeat this process until you have made all of your course selections for all papers.
6. When you have finished click 'Click here to make this your new Selection of Courses'.
All course selections are subject to approval from your Academic Mentor, availability and timetabling constraints.
To select an unlisted course that is outside of the listed options:
1. Complete steps 1-3 as above.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click 'Request unlisted course' button.
3. Select whether you wish to take 1 whole unit course or 2 half unit courses and click 'continue'.
4. Type the code of the course you wish to take into the text box and click 'Fetch'.
5. Click 'continue' to apply to take the retrieved course.
6. Read the terms and conditions carefully and click 'I agree' to continue.
7. Write an explanation of the academic reasons for applying to take an unlisted course and click 'submit request'.
8. Request an 'Approval for Course with Permission' form from the General Course Dean (email@example.com). This form will be available after Tuesday 22nd September.
9. Once the form is completed, you will need to return it to the Dean of the General Course.
10. Wait for up to five working days for your course to appear in your course selection list and/or timetable.
Outside options are subject to approval, availability and timetabling constraints.
Lent Term (Course Change)
1. Complete the General Course Lent Term Course Course Change form (available from the General Course Dean in OLD 1.09 during his office hours).
2. Collect the relevant approvals on the back of the form.
3. Return the completed form to the General Course Dean - see deadline under Course Selection Dates below. Any forms received after the deadline will be returned unprocessed.