Intermediate Transcripts

for current students

Intermediate transcripts show your results from previous years and the courses you are currently taking


Intermediate transcripts are available for continuing students - i.e. students who have not yet graduated but who have received formal results for at least one year of study. Examples of such students include second and third year undergraduates with published results for earlier years, or graduate students on the second year of a two year programme.

What is shown on an intermediate transcript?

An intermediate transcript will contain the following information:

  • Your full name 
  • Your date of birth
  • Your LSE student number
  • The title and subject of your programme of study
  • The details of the modules studied and the marks awarded. Fail marks will also be shown.
  • Start date of your programme
  • Expected programme completion date
  • Language of instruction and assessment 

When can intermediate transcripts be requested?

After your results have been published

You can only request an intermediate transcript when you have received formal (i.e. non-provisional) results. 

Outside of the results publishing period

To allow results to be processed effectively, the transcript ordering facility is closed from the end of May each year for all students. The system will re-open for continuing undergraduate students in late July and for continuing graduate students on two-year programmes in late November. 

How to request your intermediate transcript

During term time: 

If you are a registered student and are attending teaching during the current academic year, you should come to the Student Services Centre and we will print your transcript immediately. 

If you need the transcript to be posted in a stamped and sealed envelope for an application, then you should come to the Student Services Centre bringing a copy of the relevant application documents. We will stamp, seal and post your transcript to the address specified in the application. 

If you are an unregistered student not attending teaching during the current academic year, or are a student studying overseas for the year, then you should complete the request form below.

Outside of term time

The Student Services Centre will still be open as normal (except for School closure days and during graduation). If you cannot come onto campus because you are not in London, then you should complete the online form below to request for your intermediate transcript to be posted to you.

Request an intermediate transcript

Request an intermediate transcript

  • About You
  • Your Name
  • Level of study


Continuing and Finalist student who have not yet received any formal results.

If you are a masters or first year undergraduate student and have not yet received your results, then we are unable to provide you with an intermediate transcript. This is because any marks you have received throughout the year are provisional until they have been formally ratified and released by the School.

However, you can request a Certificate of Course Choice, which will provide you with written confirmation of the courses you have studied during your first year of study. 

Finalists who have received formal results

You will be issued with a final transcript via the Digitary system shortly after results are released. 


LSE Student Services LSE_SSC

RT @SustainableLSE: Learn how to look after your own #bike and avoid those nasty maintenance or fixing fees! Free #workshops ran by @LDNBik

59 minutes ago

Reply Retweet Favorite

LSE Student Services LSE_SSC

The Financial Support Office drop-in sessions will be held at 1-2pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday only this week.……

5 hours ago

Reply Retweet Favorite

Contact us


Telephone +44 (0) 20 7849 4994

Address View on Google maps

Student Services Centre, (Ground Floor) Old Building, Houghton Street, London, WC2A 2AE