Council makes decisions in accordance with LSE’s constitutional and legal framework and Articles of Association, available in our Governance Resources. The Articles of Association are underpinned by a supporting governance architecture, key components of which are set out on these pages.
The Articles set out that Council is directly responsible for:
- approving LSE’s strategy
- approving annual estimates of income and expenditure
- approving the annual audited accounts
- appointing (and removing) the Director
- appointing (and removing) the School Secretary
- making, altering, amending, repealing or adding to any byelaws or regulations made under the Articles, unless otherwise specified.
- Council may delegate other responsibilities where this is appropriate. See the Council scheme of delegation and the terms of reference of Council committees.